- 1 lb (454 g) boneless, skinless turkey thigh, diced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white onion, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) celery, diced
- 6 cup homemade or low-sodium turkey or chicken stock
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped (796mL)
- 1/2 cup macaroni noodles
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- to taste sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fresh Parmesan cheese
- Saute turkey, onions, carrots and celery in olive oil until onions are soft.
- Add stock and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add noodles and simmer until carrots are soft and noodles are cooked.
- Add parsley, oregano and kidney beans.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with fresh Parmesan cheese.