- 1 lb (450 g) Granny’s ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Peak of the Market red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Peak of the Market yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) Peak of the Market green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) dried ground chipotle pepper (more for a spicier version)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sea salt
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 12 large lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) guacamole
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- Heat oil in a large skillet to medium high and brown ground turkey well, stirring to break up pieces. Add red onion, ginger and yellow peppers and continue stirring until onion is soft. Add green onion, chipotle pepper and sea salt, stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Add lime juice and cilantro, stir well until most of the liquid is gone and then remove from heat.
- To serve, set out a platter of lettuce leaves, a bowl of warm sautéed turkey and bowls of salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Let everyone spoon the turkey mixture, salsa, guacamole and sour cream into lettuce leaves and roll.
Recipe courtesy Chef Jason Wortzman, Granny’s Poultry.