- 4 turkey drumsticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) garlic, chopped
- 2 portabella mushrooms, diced
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) red wine
- 2 cups (500 mL) Turkey Stock OR chicken
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Brown drumsticks over medium-high heat in deep frying pan then set aside.
- Sauté onions, garlic and mushrooms until lightly brown then add flour and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add wine and deglaze, then add stock and cranberry juice. Stir.
- Return drumsticks to pan and simmer loosely covered for 15 minutes.
- Add cranberries, rosemary and seasoning; continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.