- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped ginger
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) curry powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) garam masala
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain no-fat yogurt
- 1 lb (500 g) cooked turkey breast, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb (500 g) sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- Put ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, curry powder, garam masala and yogurt into medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until translucent. Reduce heat; slowly add curry sauce being careful not to boil. Stir in turkey, tomato, sweet potato, chickpeas and sugar; cook until heated through.
- Serve with basmati rice or toasted pita bread.