- 3-4 medium beets, washed well, ends trimmed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 lb (500 g) cooked turkey breast, chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) arugula
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled reduced-fat Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnuts (optional)
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) raspberry jam
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Rub beets with 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil, place on baking sheet and roast until tender (30-60 minutes).
- Let beets cool; slip off skins and cut beets into bite-sized chunks. Set aside.
- Mix salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in medium bowl and whisk until jam is dissolved and dressing is smooth.
- Pour over mixed salad and serve.