- 8 small corn tortilla wraps
- 2 lb (1kg) boneless beef blade pot roast OR beef cross rib roast
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) EACH beef broth and water
- 1 can tidbit pineapple with juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) barbecue sauce
- Combine garlic, salt, pepper, tomato paste and chili powder to form a paste; rub paste over roast.
- In oiled skillet over medium-high heat, sear beef roast browning evenly.
- Place roast in slow-cooker; add broth, water and pineapple.
- Cover on low-setting for 8 hours or on high-setting for 6 hours.
- Once roast is fork tender, transfer beef to cutting board and pull into stringy pieces.
- Discard cooking liquid, reserving pineapple.
- Combine pineapple with barbeque sauce on low heat in sauce pan; bring to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Pour sauce over pulled beef and combine.
- Place pulled beef on corn tortilla and garnish.