A tasty way to use up leftover chili.
- 6-8 corn tortillas (or 3 large whole wheat tortillas)
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) TexMes or Nacho shredded cheese
- 1/2 recipe of Chicken Chili with Corn and Black Beans
- Preheat oven to 350F/180ºC.
- Line a 9-inch (1 L) pie plate with the tortillas, overlapping them to cover the edges of the pie plate.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the tortillas.
- Heat the chili in the microwave then pour it into the pie plate and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until the edges of the tortillas are crisp and the cheese has melted – about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- Serve with a tossed salad.