2-250 g (8 oz) packages three-cheese tortellini
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
1 cup chopped Peak of the Market onion
½ lb (250 g) fresh mushroom medley blend (eg. portabella, oyster, shiitake) sliced
1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
1 cup (250 mL) vegetable broth
½ cup (125 mL) whipping cream
½ cup (125 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In large pot of boiling water cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat melt butter.
- Add onion. Saute 3 – 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add mushrooms and thyme. Saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth and cream. Bring to boil. Boil 3 minutes or until thickened to light sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tortellini. Toss to coat.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Top with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Paired well with, Montecillo Crianza