- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1inch piece ginger, minced
- ½ cups stock/water
- 6 tbsp brisket cooking juices
200g wide rice noodles
- Fresh herbs – Italian parsley, Thai basil, mint, cilantro, whichever herbs you like, roughly chopped
- Arugula, to taste
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced, or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Approximately ½ English cucumber, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 red Thai chili pepper, seeded and sliced (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 Countryside Farms Vita Eggs, scrambled
- Leftover brisket, sliced
- Combine sauce ingredients in measure cup and set aside.
- Slice brisket ¼” thick and set aside.
- Boil water for rice noodles; cook according to package directions.
- Prepare herbs and vegetables – washed, peeled, picked from stem and roughly chopped, sliced, or diced. Set aside.
- To warm up meat, heat large skillet. Add meat and the cooking liquid to heat through. Add the sauce and bring to a boil and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Once noodles are done, drain and add to the large skillet with the meat.
- Heat oil in small frying pan until very hot. Break eggs into a bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour into hot pan and scramble until just soft, but no longer runny. Add to skillet with meat and noodles and stir gently to combine.
- Serve the noodles and brisket into bowls and add tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper, and herbs as desired.
Pairs well with, Fort Garry Pilsner