- 1/4 cup (50 mL) EACH hoisin sauce and low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) EACH cornstarch, rice vinegar and chili garlic sauce
- 1 lb (500 g) beef stir-fry strips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) EACH red, yellow bell peppers and snow peas, chopped
- green onion, toasted sesame seed (garnish)
- In large bowl combine first 3 lines of ingredients, set aside.
- Season beef strips with salt and pepper.
- Chop veggies and heat wok over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 Tbsp (15 mL) oil to hot wok, add beef and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until meat is browned and caramelized.
- Remove beef from wok; add remaining oil, garlic, ginger, peppers and snow peas stir-fry for 1-2 minutes stir constantly.
- Add sauce to wok, allow to thicken with vegetables.
- Remove from heat and add beef strips.
- Serve over rice or noodles, garnish with green onion and toasted sesame seeds.