- 2/3 cup sugar (150 mL)
- ½ cup canola oil (125 mL)
- 2 tsp vanilla (10 mL)
- 2 Countryside Farms Vita Eggs (2)
- 2 ½ cups flour (625 mL)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10 mL)
- ½ tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 cup icing sugar (250 mL)
- ½ tsp clear or white vanilla or other flavoured extract (2 mL)
- 1 – 2 Tbsp milk (15-30 mL)
- Assorted food colouring, and cake and cookie decorations
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together sugar and canola oil until well mixed. Add vanilla and beat again. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl. Add dry ingredients all at once to the canola mixture and beat just to combine ingredients.
- Remove dough from the mixing bowl. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough on floured board and cut cookies using favourite cookie-cutters. Transfer cookies to parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, combine icing sugar, vanilla or other extract flavouring and milk and stir until mixture is smooth. Add additional milk to reach desired painting consistency. Add food touring if desired.
- Using a pastry brush, paint glaze on cooled cookies. Decorate with coloured sugars and/or cookie decorations, as desired, before the glaze hardens. Allow icing to completely harden before storing cookies.