- 1 lb (0.45) ground beef
- 1/4 large Peak of the Market onion, diced
- 1/2 Peak of the Market green pepper, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) tomato paste
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) ketchup
- salt & pepper, to taste
- hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls
- In a large frying pan, over medium high heat, cook ground beef until brown. Drain the fat and discard.
- Add onions, green pepper, and garlic. Sauté until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add milk, brown sugar, chili powder, dry mustard, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, Worcestershire, and ketchup. Stir to combine and simmer over medium low for 15-20 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, slice buns in half (toast if desired) and spoon meat mixture over each half of the bun.
Tip: Use 1/2 cup (125 mL) mozzarella to sprinkler tops of assembled, open faced Sloppy Moes. Broil until cheese is melted.
Pairs well with Rodney Strong Estate Russian River Valley Pinot Noir