- 1 lb (500 g) extra-lean ground round beef
- 10 small crusty slider buns
- 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated zucchini
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) minced onion
- 2 avocados, coarsely chopped
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) red onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) EACH salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) EACH lime juice and canola oil
- Combine ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, zucchini and onion.
- Form mini burgers, approximately 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of mixture for each hamburger.
- Place mini burgers on barbeque or indoor grill at medium-high heat.
- Cook well-done until a digital thermometer reads 160°F/71°C.
- Mix avocado, tomato, red onion, salt, pepper, lime juice and oil.
- Place burgers on buns; top with salsa.