- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in half
- 1 lb (450 g) sweet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium Peak of the Market red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large Peak of the Market sweet red pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) EACH smoked paprika, ground cumin and ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed cilantro
- 3 green onions, chopped
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Spray a large sheet pan with non-stick spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and all the vegetables.
- Mix oil with the ancho chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, coriander and salt. Pour over chicken and vegetables; mix until everything is well coated.
- Spread chicken and vegetables evenly on the sheet-pan. Bake until the sweet potatoes are tender, and a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 170F (about 35-45 min). Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and veggies to a serving platter or plates. Sprinkler with cilantro and chopped green onions. Serve with sour cream and fresh lime.
Pairs well with Jackson Triggs VQA Sauvingon Blanc