- 1-19 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (540 mL)
- 1/3 cup canola oil (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup tahini (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup water (75 mL)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice (45 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 1/2 cup pancetta (125 mL)
- 2 cups Peak of the Market carrots, diced (500 mL)
- 1 large stalk celery, diced (1)
- 1 medium Peak of the Market onion, diced (1)
- 4 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth (1 L)
- 2 small Peak of the Market potatoes, diced, (2)
- 1/2 tsp pepper, (2 mL)
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped (30 mL)
- Combine all hummus ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process ingredients until very creamy. Set aside.
- Pour canola oil into a large saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and add pancetta. Cook 2-3 minutes until slightly crispy. Drain off fat, leaving about 1 Tbsp (15 mL) in the saucepan. Add all diced vegetables, except potatoes. Sauté vegetables for 5-10 minutes until softened.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add potatoes. Cover and simmer vegetable until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in hummus and pepper. Heat through. Serve soup, garnished with chopped parsley.
Pairs well with Enigma Chardonnay