- 5 cups (1.25 L) day-old, high fibre, white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (10 slices)
- 2 Countryside Farms Vita Eggs large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream (35%)
- 1/4 cup (125 mL) butter, melted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh raspberries (1 clam shell)
- 1 cup (250 mL) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Grease an 8 x 8” baking dish. Place bread cubes into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, yolk and sugar. Whisk in the milk, cream, butter, vanilla, and salt. Pour egg and milk mixture over the bread, toss to coat and let sit for about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Mix raspberries and white chocolate into the pudding mixture and pour into baking dish. Bake uncovered for about 60 minutes until the pudding puffs up and becomes a golden brown. Allow the pudding to cool at least 15 minutes before serving. Bread pudding is best served warm.
Tip: To make strawberry dark chocolate bread pudding substitute the raspberries with strawberries and the white chocolate with dark chocolate.