- 6 large Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 5 eggs
- 3 cup (750 mL) whipping cream/li>
- 2 tsp (10 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic, minced
- Line a 9×13” (3 L) baking pan with parchment paper and grease.
- Add a layer of potatoes to the pan and sprinkle layer with cheese. Repeat layers of potatoes and cheese until all the potatoes have been used.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Pour mixture over potatoes, ensuring the layers are completely covered.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 90 minutes.
- Uncover and cook an additional 10 minutes, until brown.
- Allow flan to cool slightly to “set” before serving.
Tip: Any milk or cream can be used in place of the whipping cream.