Impress your guests with this easy but tasty stuffed pork tenderloin.
- 1 (0.375 g) 12 oz pork tenderloin, well trimmed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH canola oil and Dijon mustard
- 2 (2) cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cup (500 mL) baby spinach, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 5 bacon slices, cooked and diced
- Canola oil for brushing grill
- With sharp knife, cut tenderloin lengthwise to, but not through the bottom side. Open flat. Place between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound thin with a meat mallet until tenderloin is about 1/4-inch thick. Remove from plastic. Place on cutting board.
- In small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, mustard and garlic. Brush onto tenderloin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer spinach, feta and bacon on flattened tenderloin, leaving a little room around the edges.
- Roll up, starting on the long side. Tie with butcher string at 2-inch intervals.
- Grilling method: Preheat barbecue on high. Reduce heat to medium. Cook tenderloin on a lightly oiled grill to an internal temperature of 155 F (68 C), 25 – 30 minutes. Turn once or twice. Remove from grill. Tent loosely with foil. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Oven method: Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C). Brush tenderloin lightly with oil. Place stuffed pork tenderloin on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast for 25 – 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 155 F (68 C). Remove from oven. Tent loosely with foil. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.