- 4 pork loin chops, boneless, 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) red onion, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) EACH cinnamon and ground nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) EACH salt and pepper
- 1 large peach, cut into slices
Pork Loin Chops:
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chops on both sides and transfer pan to oven.
- Alternatively, brown chops in a pan on both sides and transfer to a rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 155o-160°F/68o-71°C.
- When chops are done, remove from oven onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 5 minutes before serving with chutney.
- In small sauce pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onions; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except peaches; simmer, about 3 minutes.
- Add peaches and simmer for an additional minute or two, depending on the firmness of peach slices.