- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 1/3 cups (300 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) canola oil
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) pinto bean flour (or navy bean or black bean flour for a unique dough colour)
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Add a bit more water if necessary.
- Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes.
- Place dough in a bowl, cover tightly and refrigerate the dough for half an hour to rest.
- Using a knife, cut a 1/4 piece of the dough off and roll to approximately 1/16th of an inch thick.
- Cut rings out using a 2 inch pastry ring cutter.
- Place approximately 1/2 Tbsp of filling into the ring, rub water on the edge of the dough and press to seal.
- Crimp with a fork if desired.
- Repeat until all dough is used.