- 1 pkg (454 g) mixed salad greens
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced pears, cored
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dried cherries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Feta cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) croutons
Toasted Walnut Dressing:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, season to taste
- In large bowl, add salad greens, quinoa, pears, dried cherries, cheese and croutons. Toss well.
- In small bowl, mix Dijon mustard, honey and vinegar. Mix well to combine.
- In medium sauce pan over medium-low heat, add walnuts. Cook for 1-2 minutes being careful not to allow them to burn.
- Turn down to low heat. Add canola oil and cook for additional 4-5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the nuts.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 1 minute and slowly add to vinegar mixture. Blend well.
- Drizzle warm dressing over salad and serve immediately.