- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 2/3 cups (150 mL) canola oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) canola margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) peanut butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream cheese
- 5 cups (1.25 L) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, cream canola oil and margarine together slowly.
- Add sugars and eggs. Combine well.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add all-purpose flour and baking soda mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Drop 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sized balls of cookie dough on to the parchment lined baking sheet. Gently press down on the cookie dough balls with a fork, making a crisscross pattern on top.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until done. Remove to a cooling rack.
To make the Banana Frosting:
- Mash a banana with fork and place in an electric mixing bowl along with vanilla extract.
- Add cream cheese and blend until fully combined.
- Slowly add icing sugar 1 cup (250 mL) at a time until a smooth, thick texture is achieved.
- Once cookies have cooled, assemble sandwiches with a generous dollop of banana frosting in between 2 cookies.