What could be better than pan-fried pickerel on as a shore lunch or on a camping trip? Serve with a lemon wedge. Use a gluten–free flour to make it gluten–free. Any firm white lake fish can be substituted but fresh, local pickerel is the best choice for this recipe.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 lb (1 kg) pickerel fillets
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 4 (4) lemon wedges
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Lightly coat one side of each fillet in flour mixture. Turn each fillet over and coat second side of each fillet.
- Heat canola oil in large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. When oil is heated, fry the fillets for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.