- 1 lb (0.5 kg) pork tenderloin
- ¾ cup (175 mL) plum sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- Butterfly tenderloin by slicing horizontally, to but not through the opposite side Open Tenderloin as you would a book. Cover with plastic wrap.
- With a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound or roll until 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut pork across the grain into 1 inch wide strips,
- Thread strips onto small metal or prepared bamboo skewers, folding in thin ends. Place into non-reactive container,
- Mix remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Reserve half of marinade.
- Pour remaining mixture over pork skewers. C\over and refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove pork marinade; discard remaining marinade.
- Preheat barbecue on high. Reduce heat to medium. Pat pork with paper towel to remove excess marinade.
- Grill pork 5-7 minutes, turning and basting with reserved marinade.
Pairs well with, Pelee Island Lola Sparkling Pink