- 1 lb (450 g) fresh mushrooms, white or crimini, sliced-
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil –
- 1 Peak of the Market onion, chopped-
- ½ lb (250 g) lean ground beef
Homemade Mushroom Seasoning Blend
- ½ tsp EACH dried thyme and dried oregano, ¼ tsp EACH dried minced onion and dried minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 mL) low sodium beef broth
- 4 cups (1 L) wide Rede-Made Noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup (125 mL) grated Old Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Place ½ the mushrooms in a food processor, using the metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In large pot heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add chopped and sliced mushrooms, ground beef, Homemade Mushroom Seasoning Blend, salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Sprinkle with flour.
- Add broth. Mix well. Bring to boil.
- Stir in noodles. Cover. Cook 7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add peas and cheese. Mix well.
- Cook and stir often for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender and sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Top with Parsley.
Pairs well with, Innis & Gunn Session IPA