- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 Peak of the Market onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb (500g) fresh mushrooms, white, crimini and shiitake, sliced
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (19 oz/540 mL) beans, drained, rinsed (black beans, kidney beans or pinto beans, etc.)
- 1 + 1/2 cups canned corn, drained or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each cumin, paprika and oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Tabasco sauce
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- Grated old Cheddar cheese
- In large saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onions, garlic and mushrooms in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, Tabasco, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer 45-60 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Add cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream, Cheddar cheese and additional cilantro, if desired.
Pairs well with Barn Hammer Brewing Grandpa’s Sweater Oatmeal Stout