- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) freshly grated ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) fresh mushrooms (white, crimini, shiitake) sliced
- 1 Peak of the Market carrot peeled, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/2 Peak of the Market onion, sliced
- 250 g (1/2 pkg) chow mein, noodles, cooked, drained
- 2 Peak of the Market green onion, diagonally sliced
- In small bowl whisk together chicken broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In frypan heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, carrots, cabbage and onions. Stir fry 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture to frypan. Cook and stir until sauce thickens and vegetables are cooked.
- Add cooked noodles. Toss well.
- Top with green onions.
Pairs well with Barn Hammer Brewing Le Sneak Belgique Witbier