Mexican flavours infuse spreadable cream cheese to take this mushroom and sweet red pepper quesadillas to the next level.
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
- 2 cup (500 mL) fresh sliced white or crimini mushrooms
- 1 (1) sweet red pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 (1) onion, sliced thinly
- 2 (2) garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) diced pickled jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH chili powder and ground cumin
- 4 10 “/25 cm flour tortillas
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Mozzarella cheese
- In large skillet melt butter on medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, peppers, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly 5 – 6 minutes or until slightly softened and lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Stir in jalapenos, if using. Set aside.
- In small bowl combine cream cheese, chili powder and cumin. Mix well.
- Place 2 tortillas on baking sheet. Spread half of cream cheese mixture on each tortillas. Top each with half of mushroom and pepper mixture. Top each with 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Mozzarella cheese. Top each with a tortilla. Press down gently.
- Bake at 425 F for 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp on top. Cut each Quesadillas into 8 wedges.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.