- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 lb (500 g) fresh white and/or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small Peak of the Market zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 Peak of the Market onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Each oregano and basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 can (5 1/2 oz/156 mL) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red wine or beef stock
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In large fry pan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, onions and garlic.
- Saute 4-5 minutes or until onions are transparent.
- Add oregano, basil, sage, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour mushroom mixture into lightly greased 13×9 inch (30 x 20 cm) baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine well.
- Cover. Bake at 400°F (200°C) 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked pasta topped with Parmesan cheese.
Pairs well with Montes Twins Malbec Cabernet Sauvignon