- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 mL ) chopped Peak of the Market yellow onion
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground pork
- 1-19 oz (540 mL) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-12 oz (341 mL) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1-19 oz (540 mL) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2-4.5 oz (127 mL) cans chopped green chilies, mild
- 1-10 oz (284 mL) can condensed beef broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add pork and cook until no pink remains, breaking up larger pieces with a spatula, about 15 minutes.
- Once most of the cooking liquid has evaporated, add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Pairs well with, Pelee Island Gewurztraminer