- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen Big Batch Ground Beef (recipe follows)
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) EACH kidney and black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet green pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried crushed chili peppers (optional)
- Combine ingredients in saucepan. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
Big Batch Beef:
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook 4 lb (2 kg) Extra Lean Ground Beef in Dutch oven over medium-high meat for 10 minutes, breaking into small chunks with back of spoon, until browned. Add 4 EACH onion and cloves of garlic, minced, simmer for 15 minutes until vegetables are softened. Spread in a single layer on several foil or parchment paper-lined baking trays; freeze until meat is firm, about 1 hour. Loosen into chunks, scoop meal-sized portions into freezer bags (2 cups (500 mL) per freezer bag). Freeze for up to 3 months.