- 1/4 cup (50 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) fresh chopped oregano (or 1 Tbsp/15 mL dried oregano)
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) fresh chopped basil (or 1 Tbsp/15 mL dried basil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) couscous
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced fresh white OR crimini mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned chick peas, drained
- 1 red pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced, pitted black olives for garnish (optional)
- In small bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions.
- In large bowl combine couscous with remaining ingredients.
- Pour dressing mixture over. Mix well. Refrigerate.
- Garnish with olives when serving, if desired.