This is a gourmet burger!
- 15 sundried tomato halves, minced
- 2 lb (900 g) ground chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) minced onion
- 2½ tsp (12 mL) coriander seed
- 2½ tsp (12 mL) fennel seed
- 2½ tsp (12 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground rosemary
- 1 tsp (5 mL) celery seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) Kosher salt
- 8 slice prepared polenta *, ½ inch thick
- 2 roasted red peppers, seeded and quartered
- 8 slice herbed goat cheese
- 8 tbsp (125 mL) sundried tomato pesto
- Combine first 10 ingredients and mix well. Divide into 8 patties, ½ inch thick.
- Preheat grill to medium hot. Grill burgers till meat thermometer reads 175F (about 12 minutes).
- Grill polenta until grill marks appear.
- Put a slice of polenta on 8 plates and put a burger on each slice. Top burgers with 1/4 of a roasted red pepper, a slice of goat cheese and 1 Tbsp of pesto.
Tip: If using sundried tomatoes in oil, drain them well and pat dry with paper towels before mincing.
* Polenta is usually made from cornmeal. Look for prepared polenta in the pasta or rice section of most larger grocery stores. You can also make your own polenta for this recipe. In large saucepan, bring 4 cups (1 L) water or chicken broth and a pinch of salt to boil over high heat; gradually pour in 1 cup (250 mL) cornmeal, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes or until smooth and thick enough to mound on spoon. Transfer to greased 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish, smooth top and set aside to set. (Can be made ahead to this point and refrigerated, covered, for up to 2 days.) Cut into 8 pieces and grill.