This recipe is a kid friendly classic that starts off with extra lean ground beef and pantry basics.
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cooking onion, chopped (approx. ½ cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup salsa, mild, medium or hot
- 1/4 cup corn, canned or frozen
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp EACH chili powder and cumin spice
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1-398 mL (14 fl Oz) can refried beans
- 1/2 cup Guacamole
- 1 package flour tortillas, medium sized
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- Green onion, sliced (garnish)
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; cook beef, breaking up with the back of a spoon, until no longer pink. Drain fat if necessary.
- Add onion, garlic, pepper, salsa, corn, salt and spices; cook, stirring occasionally until peppers and onions are tender.
- Reheat refried beans; spread a layer of beans on 2/3 of each tortilla, spoon on ¼ cup beef mixture, 1-2 tsp. guacamole and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up towards the bean side; place on a lightly greased baking dish (13’’ X 9-inch), sprinkle with cheese and green onion.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400˚F (200˚C) oven until heated thoroughly and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.