- 1/3 cup (80 mL) rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) freshly grated ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) siracha
- dash dired red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) fresh mushrooms (white or crimini) quartered
- 1 onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 Peak of the Market carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1 Peak of the Market red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 200 g (1/2 pkg) chow mein noodles, cooked, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted peanuts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, siracha, pepper flakes and cornstarch water mixture. Mix well. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry chicken until cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Remove from skillet. Keep warm.
- To same skillet add mushrooms, onions, carrot and red pepper. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet. Re-whisk sauce. Add to skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Pour over cooked noodles.
- Top with peanuts and green onions.