- 3.5 lbs (1.5 kg) Granny’s turkey pieces, skin removed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) ginger, chopped
- 3 bunches Peak of the Market green onion, chopped
- 2-4 hot chili peppers, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) dark rum
- 1 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) ground all spice
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh thyme
- Add all ingredients except turkey to a food processor, and pulse until finely chopped.
- Prick the turkey pieces (skin may be removed first, if desired) with the point of a knife and then rub with jerk marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Cook slowly over medium heat on an oiled grill for 45 minutes, turning once after 20 minutes. Alternatively, turkey can be baked at 350°F (175˚C) for about 45 minutes, turning pieces once halfway through. The turkey is cooked when the internal temperature reaches 170°F (77°C).
Pairs well with a Moscow Mule, featuring Finlandia Vodka, ginger beer & mint