- 1/2 cup (125 mL) minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Panko crumbs
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sea salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large Countryside Farms Vita egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lb (450 g) ground chicken
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 medium Peak of the Market onion, chopped
- 2 Peak of the Market carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 12 cups (3 L) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) small pasta (eg. Acini de pepi, Orzo, small shells)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced fresh dill
- 1 package (300 g) baby kale or spinach, washed and trimmed
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a large bowl, stir together the onion, garlic, Parmesan, Panko crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and egg until well mixed. Stir in ground chicken.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape the chicken mixture into 1/2 inch meatballs (about 36 meatballs) and put them on the baking sheet. The meatballs do not have to be perfectly round and can be placed close together.
- Bake meatballs for 30 minutes; set aside. (Cooked meatballs can be frozen to use later).
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Stir cook until tender, but not soft.
- Add wine and chicken stock; bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer, and cook covered for 30 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the soup and simmer for 1 minute. Taste the soup and adjust salt & pepper.
- Stir in the dill and fresh kale or spinach and cook until just wilted (about 1 minute).
- Ladle Soup into bowls, top with more Parmesan cheese and serve with crusty bread.