Chicken and bacon on a pizza – that says it all!
- 8 slice bacon
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) barbecue sauce
- 2 cup (500 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cup (500 mL) shredded Mozzarella or three cheese blend
- 4 naan breads
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels. Remove all the bacon fat from the skillet.
- Add onions to skilled and stir cook until onions are soft. Remove onions and let cool slightly.
- Chop or crumble bacon.
- Cut red pepper into strips.
- Spread ¼ cup barbecue sauce on each naan bread. Top each with chicken, onion, bacon, red pepper strips and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Tip: Save time by using bottled roasted red peppers. Jars of roasted red peppers are available in the pickle and olive section of grocery stores.