- 4.4 lbs (2 kg) Granny’s Turkey bones, raw & rinsed in cold water (may include backs & necks)
- 4 garlic cloves skin-on and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium Peak of the Market onions, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 2 medium Peak of the Market carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 springs fresh Italian parsley
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 gallons (8 litres) cold water
- Place all stock ingredients into a large soup or stock pot.
- Bring to a low boil and simmer for 2-3 hours, skimming as required.
- Strain broth through a fine sieve then separate into smaller containers to cool as quickly as possible.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Wortzman
Copyright © 2018 Granny’s Poultry Cooperative (Manitoba) Ltd.,
All Rights Reserved