Grilled Pineapple Salsa:
- 5 cored pineapple spears
- 1 Peak of the Market red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) diced Peak of the Market red onion
- 2 Peak of the Market green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) amber rum
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) pineapple juice
- 4 pork loin centre chops, boneless, about 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium-high.
- Grill pineapple spears on a lightly oiled grate, about 4 minutes per side, or until grill marked and warmed through.
- Remove pineapple spears from grill and dice.
- In glass bowl, toss salsa ingredients together. Set aside.
- Prepare glaze by combining barbecue sauce with rum and pineapple juice. Set aside.
- Season chops with salt. Cook chops on lightly oiled grill over medium-high heat about 3 minutes per side.
- Brush chops with glaze mixture. Continue grilling turning once, about 1-2 minutes per side or until instant read thermometer registers 155˚C.
- Remove chops from grill, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest 3-5 minutes.
- Serve chops with Grilled Pineapple Salsa.