- 4 bone-in rib chops, about 1 ½” (2.3 – 3.75 cm) thick
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH garlic powder, oregano and cumin
- ½ tsp (2 mL) EACH coarse salt and chipotle chili powder
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) tequila
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and a wedge of lime
- Trim fat from chops and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except the cilantro and lime. Mix well.
- Pour mixture over chops.
- Seal bag; turn to coat chops.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium.
- Grill chops on a lightly oiled grill to an internal temperature of 155˚F (68˚C), about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Turn once or twice.
- Remove to a clean plate, tent loosely with foil and let rest 3 minutes before serving.