- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked green split peas
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Peak of the Market red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijion mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried tarragon
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Romaine or leafy lettuce greens (optional)
- Cook rice and green split peas according to package directions, drain and rinse.
- Place the rice in a large bowl. Add green split peas, minced onion, cranberries and walnuts (optional).
- Make the salad dressing and pour over the salad. Could be served on a bed of lettuce (optional).
Pairs well with Pfeiffer Pinot Grigio