A green summer salad with fresh vegetables and a home made oil dressing. Pair with fruit for a heart healthy lunch or take along to picnics or BBQ’s.
- 1 (1) head lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced green grapes
- 3 (3) ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (1) green apple, cored and thinly sliced/li>
- 1/4 (1/4) English cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh oregano
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together canola oil, lemon juice, honey, Dijon mustard, and fresh oregano.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.