- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 1 Peak of the Market onion, diced (1)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced (2)
- 4 medium Peak of the Market potatoes, sliced (4)
- 3 Tbsp dry sherry (45 mL)
- 4 (5 oz/140 g) walleye fillets (4)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (2 mL)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (45 mL)
- Pour canola oil into a large saucepan and place over medium heat. Add onion and cook until onion has softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds longer. Add diced tomato and continue to cook 2-3 minutes, until tomato begins to soften. Layer potatoes over tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with dry sherry. Cover saucepan and cook potatoes for about 10 minutes, over medium heat, until cooked through. Stir once during cooking time.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper and smoked paprika. Lay fish over potatoes. Scatter fresh parsley over top. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. Cover pot and cook 5-10 minutes, depending on thickness of fish fillets.
- Serve with a large salad and crusty bread to sop up the juices!
Pairs well with Ego Bodegas Fuerza