- 2 tsp / 10 mL canola oil
- 1 lb / 500 g Winkler Meats farmer sausage, cut on diagonal into ¼-inch thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup / 125 mL chicken broth
- ½ cup / 125 mL tomato sauce
- 1 bunch asparagus, tips only
- 2 cups / 500 mL quartered crimini mushrooms
- 2 Peak of the Market large bell peppers, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Peak of the Market small yellow onion, sliced into thin wedges
- Hot cooked rice for serving
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage and cook until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Add garlic and sauté briefly just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth and tomato sauce; stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add asparagus tips; cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add mushrooms and peppers. Stir to combine and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to low. Add onion and allow mixture to simmer an additional 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve sausage and vegetable mixture over hot cooked rice.
Pairs well with, Lighthouse Cabarnet Franc VQA