Try these Crowd Pleasin’ Manitoba Pork Back Ribs with a wonderful Barbecue Sauce to baste on the ribs for a feast of flavour.
- 4 racks pork back ribs
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) EACH paprika and dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) EACH salt, chili powder, ground black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1+1/2 cup (375 mL) ketchup
- 1 cup (250 mL) apple juice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Kahlua
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) EACH Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, molasses
- 1 tbsp EACH Dijon mustard, dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- Lift and peel membrane from back of each rack of ribs.
- In jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all rub spices. Shake well to thoroughly combine. Rub spice mixture generously over both sides of each rack. Cover. Refrigerate up to 12 hours.
- Roast ribs on foil-lined baking sheets at 300 F for about 2 hours; turn once or twice. Cover loosely with foil if ribs are browning too quickly.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine Barbecue Sauce ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered 30 – 40 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove ribs from oven when done.
- Finish ribs on a pre-heated barbecue over medium-low heat, 5 – 8 minutes per side, basting frequently with warm sauce.