These home-made chicken fingers are great for snacks or a meal.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) regular mayonnaise (not light)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup (125 – 150 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 20 chicken breast filets*
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Combine mayo, Dijon, parmesan, basil and chili flakes in a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish, spread out the bread crumbs.
- Roll each chicken filet in the mayo-parmesan mixture, and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture until coated on all sides.
- Arrange chicken strips on a parchment covered cookie sheet so the strips don’t touch each other.
- Bake for 7 minutes on one side then flip strips and continue baking until chicken is crispy and meat thermometer reads 170F (about 7 more minutes).
- Serve hot with a favorite dipping sauce or cool thoroughly and serve over salad.
Tip: Double or triple this recipe so you have leftovers for lunch the next day.
* If you can’t find chicken breast filets, slice 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts lengthwise into 4 thick strips per breast