- 1 Granny’s Slow Cooker Turkey Roast
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) crushed red chillies
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) cloves, ground
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 – 13.5 oz (400 mL) can coconut milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) turmeric
- Heat butter over low-medium heat in a heavy bottomed pot and brown onions slowly, stirring until they turn golden brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, ground cumin, ground coriander seed, red chillies, cloves, cinnamon and salt. Continue stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk to mixture. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place turkey roast in slow cooker. Cover with sauce and sprinkle turmeric over top.
- Cook on low setting for a minimum of 6.5 hours. When finished set slow cooker to warm.
- Remove roast and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Using a ladle or large spoon, skim froth from the mixture and discard (approx. 1/4 cup).
- Place sauce in a blender and puree.
- Serve sauce on sliced roast.
Pairs well with Johnnie Walker Black Label