- 1 lbs (0.5 kg) beef cuts (tenderloin, top sirloin, or fillet) (75 g sliced beef per person)
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion or 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) red wine
- 2-900 mL tetra packs low sodium beef broth
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 Bay leaf
Wasabi Cream Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) prepared wasabi paste
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chives or green onion, thinly chopped
Peanut Chili Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) prepared sweet chili sauce
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté onion until soft; add garlic at the end to soften.
- Add wine and bring to a quick boil.
- Add beef broth, vegetables and spices, lower heat to a simmer. Cover with a heavy lid and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Drain fondue stock through a filter to remove vegetables (optional).
- When ready to serve reheat and add beef stock to fondue pot. Roll desired raw beef piece on fondue fork and cook to desired doneness.
- Sauces: Whisk together all ingredients for each sauce, serve as a dip to cooked meat and vegetables.