- 12-18 small tart shells
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted peanuts, toasted and chopped
- Bake tart shells according to directions; let cool.
- In a small sauce pot add chocolate chips and butter, melt over medium low heat.
- Brush the inside of the baked tart shells with chocolate sauce. Allow chocolate sauce to cool and harden inside tart shells (to speed up the process tarts may be placed in the fridge or freezer.)
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, cream the peanut butter, cream cheese and icing sugar with an electric mixer on medium low speed until smooth and fluffy.
- In another bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form; add vanilla extract; continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1 3 of the whipped cream into peanut butter mixture in three stages; ensuring ingredients are thoroughly blended before each addition.
- Spoon into tart shells and garnish with chopped peanuts.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.